Tipsy Topsy's Triumphs 'N Tears

Tuesday, August 31, 2004

A Busy Sunday

Last weekend was full of activity. After the Pyjama/Pajama party Saturday night, I was off to meet a college friend for lunch at Pizza Hut on Sunday. Have already mentioned the bhangra. Rang the bell nevertheless (you will know if you have been to a PH). Cause I did have fun!

Called my sister just before leaving. She was watching Phir Milenge at a theatre nearby (“good movie, but depressing.. u watch it on c.d.”). An excited voice replied from the other end: “X company called. I have an interview at 4 at H hotel (big 5 star hotel). Will you accompany me?” My reply “sure!” So what if I had slept only for four hours at night and was ready to crash. This was big didi asking for something. And I just can’t say no. :-D ( yeah yeah, didn’t wanna go home and face parents who were still wondering what I did all night)

After a lot of miscommunication and to and fro traveling on my part, we finally met. Next stop: cyber café ‘cause she needed a print of her resume. Racking our brains, we finally zeroed in on a market feeling sure we would find one there. And we did. I just wish we hadn’t. Have never been to a seedier place. Tiny room full of cabins. Stinky. SLOW computers and paperless printers. Bored unresponsive guy in-charge. The walls of the cabins were full of graffiti. I will let your imagination run wild here. Every obscene word possible was up there!

Armed with the resume we headed to the H Hotel. Sis went in to write the test. I sat in the lobby. Waiting. Oh! I hadn’t thought of this! How will I kill time?! Hmmm. Did the predictable thing. Took out my cellphone. Inbox and Outbox cleaning time. This was followed by message to Joker. I am bored. The darling that he is, he called back. Chatted with him for a while.

Fished into sister’s bag. Found a book called “Symbolism of Hindu Gods and Rituals”. Something is better than nothing.

Sis finally emerged from the test. A person came to take her interview. They were so short of space that they had to take the interview in the lobby. And since there weren’t any empty seats in the lobby, I was asked to get up. Uff!

To cut a long story short, after three hours of waiting sis got the job. She didn’t accept it. That’s a different story.

This was Rakhi for me. We have no brothers. Every year sis and I tie rakhis to each other and exchange gifts. But it is these moments of standing by each other that really celebrate a relationship. Thanks sis for always being there!

9 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home