Tipsy Topsy's Triumphs 'N Tears

Monday, May 16, 2005

Friendly Banter

Time: Past midnight.
Venue: Friend's house

Friend 1 is speaking about the problems she is facing with her fiance who stays in a different city while friend 2, who has a boyfriend in a different city, offers advice. I simply listen pitching in with an occasional remark. After a lot of dialogues, there is some contemplative silence.

Then, F1 turns to me and says, "So. You have never gone out with a guy, eh?"
I smile and shake my head to indicate the negative.
F2, "Look at how pleased she looks !"
F1, "Yeah!"

Hmmm.

***
Time: Noon
Venue: Same Place

Friend 3 joins us. She is unattached but... err... very much in demand. {don't kill me if you read this ;)}
The discussion is revolving around who she should be choosing amongst her many suitors. I suggest the guy who has already proposed marriage to her, Suitor 1. F1 is ignorant about it. F2 enlightens her: 6 feet tall, fair, good looking, has a job with XYZ and is crazily in love with her. F1 doesn't see what F3's problem is with S1. F3 explains.

F3, "He treats me like I am his private property"
F2, "How?"
F3, "He messages me during my exams and expects me to reply!"

F3 is shouted upon by everybody and told that it does not amount to treating her as his private property. She raises some other valid objections and others agree to them and S1 is rejected.
In the latest developments, a certain someone from IIM-A (which is HUGE apparently, *rolling my eyes*) has shown interest in our beloved F3. She is encouraged to meet him and know more. At another point of time, F3 expresses her disgust for Delhi men and says that none of them are trustworthy. To support her point, she cites the examples of two friends, one whose ex-boyfriend slept with THREE other women while they were dating and one whose boyfriend just doesn't call!

Hmmmmm.

***

So what is the point of the above post? Telling you about the silly happenings in my life. Yes. But also showing you how confused the world of relaionships looks when I look at my peers. :)

Disclaimer:

Firstly, F3 never encouraged S1 or any of her other suitors, so dont form a poor opinion about her. She just rocks!!

Secondly, we do discuss other things in life. Really we do. We bitch about office, for instance..and discuss who is seeing whom :P

We also discussed economics. Let's see if you know,

What kind of unemployment still exists when the economy is said to be at full employment level?

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home