Tipsy Topsy's Triumphs 'N Tears

Friday, October 08, 2004

They and Us

Are certain people made of different stuff? We often see people, successful people and think that She/He is who I wish I could be. Maybe not as an ideal but you wish you were in that other persons shoes.

The Firm I work for is neatly divided into two parts.

The lesser mortals (phrase courtesy handa) like me who sit on the computer all day doing what is politely described as “transactional” work. It can range from financial analysis (We actually get to calculate CAGRs sometimes..yay!) to something as mundane as finding prices of DVDs from three websites for 600 movie titles. Was lesser mortals too mild a word? Bottom Dwellers..Maybe…

Then there are the GODS. The ones who mete out this work to us. They come from the best business schools. Not only should they have done their post graduation from these schools, they should also be engineers from the most prestigious engineering colleges.

A lot of lesser mortals wish to cross over to the territory of the Gods. Seeing them dreaming of it, asking the representatives of Gods that preside over us on how to make the move..I wonder..Can’t they see that the Gods are made of something totally different from us? Or are they?.............

PS: I love the firm I work for and love the work I do…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home