Tipsy Topsy's Triumphs 'N Tears

Tuesday, November 02, 2004

Strange Crazy Things...

A post on my river-rafting trip is due. Unfortunately it is still W-I-P, not because I am writing something excpetional (yeah yeah..i cannot) but simply because I have been too lazy to complete it. Just thought of scribbling some crazy things I have done in the past few days and those that have happened to me.

  • River-Rafting: Definitely crazy. Never thought I would be sitting on the edge of that rubber boat, rowing furiously with arms not used to much exercise while the waves around me kept tossing the boat around mercislessly and drenching me from head to toe. Too much fun! Spectacles with wipers just might make sense...
  • Jump off a 20 feet high cliff into the water with only a life jacket to protect me. I don't know swimming. CRAZYYY. It felt as if my heart was sinking inside me. But once I did it, the thrill was overwhelming
  • The first birthday greeting I get on my birthday be from a group of guys (colleagues) sitting around a bon-fire with the river flowing nearby and they singing "Happy Brirthday to you..", a mouth organ providing the background music. Have been in a girls school and college. Have never had guy friends. This was a different experience!
  • Meet my parents and sis on my birthday for the first time only at 11:30 in the night!
  • Suffer poor service at two restaurants consecutively!!! A half baked pizza at PH and late service at McDonalds coupled with yucky burgers (yuckier than they already are)
  • Hear my mom say "That was a great meal" when she comes out of PH (another visit, not the one described above). She usually has a great time but rarely enjoys the food there!
  • Not even an email from someone who claimed to care a lot till a month back! Wah re duniya!
  • Shop for more clothes when I already have almost ten untouched items of clothing already in my wardrobe and then pack them all away because the weather has changed
  • Go for three trips within a month. Yep! another one coming along...you guys have every right to be jealous :P
Also, Happy Birthday Shah Rukh!!! Mom (a die-hard, first-day-first-show fan) has been getting calls all day ..hehe. She plans to celebrate Diwali evening in a cinema hall watching Veer-Zaara. CRAZY


2 Comments:

  • i take that as a compliment Sandy :P meeting u has been a different experience :P

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at November 03, 2004 1:42 AM  

  • You're back! Grrowwwl... snarrrrl... I think we should exchange places, please come here and write my exams while I go for trips and enjoy the weather! :((, lucky you, have fun :) ... where are you off to next?

    By Blogger Argentyne, at November 04, 2004 12:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home