Tipsy Topsy's Triumphs 'N Tears

Sunday, October 10, 2004

Virtual meets Real

Met Srini today. The first blog/net friend I have ever met. (My father met Joker in March…but that’s another story). And the experience was most enjoyable. The suspicion that a person will not turn out to be what he/she appears to be always remains when you know someone only through the net. However, Srini turned out to be just what I had imagined him to be and more.

Incessant rain almost cancelled the program. Rain causes auto rickshaws to collapse in no time and they are the only means of transport since I do not drive. However, rain gods had mercy and the rain stopped. We met at 4:15 at Café Coffee Day. I am amazingly bad at recognising people and I was dead sure that I would not be able to recognise him. But I guess the face that smiles at us everytime we visit his blog made the task much easier.

Sat and talked and talked and talked. I guess it comes naturally to both of us. May sound clichéd but it is true that not once did I feel that I had never met him earlier in life.

Suhail had told me that Srini is a kid. Well, in some ways I guess he was right :-) There were quite a few things I discovered about him. He doesn’t like Chinese food and would like to eat pizza not more than once in six months!!! (Of course he ends up eating it more often thanks to his pizza- loving colleagues) He has a collection of almost all James Bond movies which he prefers watching over Masoom ( :P to Srini).

He has a blog which he vaguely remembers writing and rediscovered it by accident. Also he hears sounds of babies crying when there aren’t any around!!!! Spooky…

Srini, it was great meeting you. Thanks for the lovely birthday greetings (my first this year and the first musical card of my life!). Hope to meet you again the next time you visit this place (provided you also enjoyed the evening as much as I did).

Also met RS. The second time I saw her and the first time I talked to her. Missed meeting a few other enthu bloggers. Hope to catch you guys next time!

For those who were worried, I am still employed inspite of the previous post!!

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home