Tipsy Topsy's Triumphs 'N Tears

Sunday, May 22, 2005

Can't Think of A Title, Sorry!

Saw my first "horror movie in a theatre" on Saturday. Naina. A gang of eleven people occupying a whole row of seats. No number less than this would have convinced me to go for a horror flick. I am actually one of those rare people who are NOT WAITING for Ring 2.

On my right sat a senior from office who upon hearing my fears on watching a horror movie for the first time in a dark hall, assured me that she had plenty of experience and I should not get scared. Comforted by the thought, I sat ready for the movie to start. GROSS is the first thing everybody exclaimed as needless blood and gore met our eyes. But, the initial scenes prepared us for the rest to follow and I am glad they came up before we had really settled and become engrossed in the movie.

When eleven crazy people go for a movie with half of them feeling ready to pee in their pants even before the movie has begun, PJs are cracked aplenty. People sitting in the row behind us cribbed and shouted "How irritating" while girls in the row in front joined in with their own jokes! Friends drooled over Anuj Sawhney calling him perfect eye candy. I said, "Low IQ" .

In case you are wondering how I fared, I have good news. Other than an occasional closing of eyes, I did not scream or shout or jump in my seat. In the most scary parts, I was laughing uncontrollably as my experienced senior on the right happened to get really scared and jumped in her seat, shouting, "Mummy! Mummy!" .

***

I saw Urmila Matondkar in person. She had come for the premier to one of the malls and was leaving when we saw her. She is GORGEOUS.


***

Slept at 3:30 in the night and got up at 7:45 to attend a Bhagavad Gita class. While I unsuccessfully tried to stifle my yawns, one guy was actually sleeping in the class. I guess his Saturday night had rocked more than mine.

That's about it for now. Too sleepy. Coming next will be a post on what a girl who has been in a girls school and college feels when suddenly thrown into a work environment which has specimens of the opposite sex.

BTW, instead of Publish Post it would be fun to have a button called Post Post.

15 Comments:

  • Abt your next post, I guess her feelings would be very similar to a guy who's spent his time at a boy's school and a college where they call the occasional females as 'non-males' and then gets thrown into the 'real' world. :)

    cheers.

    By Blogger VM, at May 22, 2005 10:49 PM  

  • Title for the post -
    Gore to Gita, in 4 Hours.

    By Blogger Chugs, at May 22, 2005 11:09 PM  

  • the ring was real scary.more so wen u watch it at around 2-4 in the morning in a dingy hostel room with the curtains drawn n all alone.but these indian things with kissan ketchup laced cadavers n ghosts who look like guys doused in nerolac paints dont exactly scare me.n i am waiting fr ring 2 real eagerly.

    By Blogger Abhi, at May 23, 2005 9:50 AM  

  • I wonder if you liked the movie or not. But on second thoughts, the way you watched it is convincing enough to consider your opinion :)

    Post Post - Hilarious! You surely have a very imaginative imagination :p

    -- Akshaya

    By Blogger Braveheart, at May 23, 2005 11:28 AM  

  • what do you think of the movie though?

    By Blogger Domesticated Bachelor, at May 23, 2005 6:06 PM  

  • reminds me of my first n only horror movie....BHOOT...the last day of engineering exams! was feelin lil craaazy..there was this huge bunch of us screaming and commenting out loug and guffawing out loud in the hall!!! A coupla guys in the front row gave us a mouthful! :D

    By Blogger shub, at May 23, 2005 8:06 PM  

  • Hey,
    That reminds me of the time I watched Kaun in the theatre and screached till I shattered some eardrums, just before the interval and two of my friends sitting on either side said she is not with us.
    I am awaiting in eager anticipation for that next post of yours...girl's convent, women's college : been there lived that.

    By Blogger Kirthi, at May 23, 2005 9:35 PM  

  • Naina .. I did want to watch that movie. But I don't know if I can watch it in the cinemas. I don't like horror movies :D

    By Blogger AAA, at May 25, 2005 6:31 AM  

  • Bhim, I guess guys and girls are a bit different. If u have just outlined how life was for u, then u can tell me if i am correct!

    Chugs, Ah! good one!

    Vagabond, sixth sense was the only english horror movie i ever saw, if u can call it horror, i.e.. I am scared enuf by the bollywood ones, so I better stay away from the english ones!

    Braveheart and Joker, How can one like a horror movie or even have an opinion about one? more so when u r there for the whole experience including te friends! I had fun..no clue how the movie was ;)

    By Blogger Tipsy Topsy, at May 25, 2005 1:23 PM  

  • Shub, large gangs is the only way to enjoy these movies, i think.

    Kirthi, hehe. I saw kaun at home..kept running to my folks' room to hide :D Ur friends had a better deal. My friend told me of the time when she sat in the middle with two screechoing friends on either side, watching I know what u did last summer!

    Vikram, what is so !-ing about Tipsy Topsy? *grrrrr* :P

    Khushee, go only if u have loads of friends with u. then the movie doesn't really matter ;)

    By Blogger Tipsy Topsy, at May 25, 2005 1:26 PM  

  • Hmmm... Scary movies somehow seem grossly overrated to me. Bhoot was irritating and the Ring 2 was almost laughable... But then, we had a fun time ripping each scene to bits.

    Really looking forward to the next post... Blaah! Now you have built it up too much:)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at May 25, 2005 8:32 PM  

  • Whether your experience would be the same as mine or not remains to be seen, but it's not going to be identical - that I am sure of, coz, as you say, guys and gals are different.

    By Blogger VM, at May 25, 2005 11:56 PM  

  • and oh, I was talking abt teh feelings, not the experience. Don't you think the feelings would be similar?

    By Blogger VM, at May 25, 2005 11:57 PM  

  • Keerthi, I don't understand what one should appreciate in a horror movie? its always the ripping apart bit that is fun and i guess that's why Scary Movie 1,2,3 are known to be hilarious. haven't seen them yet though.

    Bhim, have posted my experience/feeelings..lemme know if u faced nethg like this!

    By Blogger Tipsy Topsy, at May 26, 2005 12:13 PM  

  • In this context, lemme share with you how we watched "Evil Dead" in our school. We were in a big hall that had glass panes halfway from the roof for its walls and the other part was regular brick and mortar. And add to that a small TV screen in mid-afternoon with about 100 kids of class 7 or 8 pealing with laughter whenever Mr. Ghost made his appearance. Oh, I am not a big fan of horror movies but this one was too much for me. I don't think I'll be ever able to get scared watching that movie again.

    By Blogger Sudipta Chatterjee, at May 29, 2005 3:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home