Tipsy Topsy's Triumphs 'N Tears

Tuesday, December 21, 2004

Laal Batti

In pre-school I was taught that the different lights in the traffic signal had the following meaning:

  • Red: Stop
  • Yellow: Get Ready to Go
  • Green: Go

As far as I can understand the yellow (Amber) light stands for slowing down as the signal is soon going to turn red. The questions that bother me: Why was I taught the wrong significance as a kid? Or was it that I learnt my lesson wrong? Has the meaning of the lights changed in the past few years? Do I actually understand the lights correctly?

***
Traffic signal is the place where:

  • One stops dancing to the music playing in the car because others can see inside your car
  • One watches cute guys in big cars
  • One buys the white flower gajra/beni to decorate even the not so beautiful hair simbly because they smell so good and feel so cool (not kewl, cool.)
  • One is reminded of the extreme poverty present amongst us
  • One waves and smiles at cute kids
What do you do when stopped at a red light? Any interesting experiences?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home