Tipsy Topsy's Triumphs 'N Tears

Friday, December 31, 2004

Things that have happened...

There is absolutely no end. Every moment brings in its wake something new or atleast the opportunity to do something new. Some moments stand out. Things that have happened in the past few days...

The tsunami disaster. Death. Disruption. Noise hand in hand with disturbing silence. Heroes. Villains.

MBTI training. A natural preference sorter that tells you what type you are amongst the 16 alternatives. I am an ESFJ. Extraverted Sensing Feeling Judging. Conveying the news to my sis I wrote "I was told I am a very planned, organized, emotional person with no creativity. Can you think of a profession for me?!". She replied, "Top Management". Couldn't help laughing out REAL loud. Led to colleagues sitting around me ask what the big joke was. Had to share it with them. Being the non-hierarchical organisation that The Firm is, quite a few of them qualified as management. They were quite amused and I am still employed.

Today, 31 December, is a historical day in my working life. There is NO WORK. It happens only once a year.

***

Today is New Year's Eve. I want to go to some place with loud music, let my hair down and dance! I will be spending the evening at home watching television with my parents. But this is also a new moment, one that brings with it an opportunity to do something new and to be happy.
Plans: I hope to buy a few gifts for my folks. Probably pick up a VCD to watch. Decorations for home. Snacks to gorge on. Subject to my being able to make a trip to the malls near office.

***

To all of you, Happy New Year. Hope you are able to exploit every moment, every opportunity that 2005 brings with it. Keep Smiling.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home